View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dr. Smith
Thanks for the hint regarding the google search, and thanks for the links.
I have found that usually there is not much suggestion of relation between migrane and hypertension.
I found that there is relations between migrane and cerebral aneurysm. This presents with an increased headaches with aura before a rupture of an aneurysm.
But, from what I understand, migrane does not cause aneurysm.
Aneurysm is usually a cogenital condition of the vessels. (By the way, aneurysm is also familial) Family members of aneurysm patient, should be screened.
So, I guess, a person who has both, could have an exacerbation of migrane before a rupture of an aneurysm?
Then, should people with migrane go through the screening?
There definetly is relations between vasculitis and aneurysm, and that is obvious, vasculitis being a disease of the vessels, and could cause weakening in the wall.

I read the links posted here for Migrane profelaxes.
I am not so familiar with the new first line drugs like Maxalt and Divalproex.

But I am familiar regarding other first line like antidepressant like Amitripthyline . Also Betablocker, Propanolol.
I also see that Calcium Chanal Blocker is good as a second line of defence for migrane.
Dr. Smith, I used to be on Toprol for hypertension, but I was taken off a year ago due to the BP had become low ( probably due to starting on Amitripthyline and Lyrica)
Now I am having exacerbation of headache, and my BP is high.
I was given high dose of Steroid, due to flare up of vasculitis, so that has helped the headache but not the BP. I think something else might be going on. I am going to see my cardiologist. I think he should do a echocardiogram. Perhaps I should get back on Toprol.

Last edited by Synnove; 02-13-2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: errors
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote