View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot to mention that he also wore a compression glove for swelling. Many of his PT exercises were geared toward improving the dexterity in his fingers. I would estimate he's only regained maybe 40% of that dexterity but that's due more to the nerve damage from the saw. His fingers and knuckles have retained a little of their swelling even to this day, but it's nothing compared to when he was experiencing so many classic CRPS symptoms.

I did hours and hours of research on the internet, looking for anything that might help with his swelling. One thing I found suggested taking NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) so we bought some of that (GNC probably carries it -- we bought ours at a natural food store) and he took that in addition to his gabapentin.

I even massaged his hand every night after his exercises, thinking that I was helping "push" the swelling out of his hand. I don't know if it helped or not, but it made me feel like I was in the fight with him.

Again, I would just encourage you to try anything you think might help and stick with the things that give you good results.

We're all rooting for you!
mjl1261 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tullis (02-26-2014)