View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Your mind and your mind, and then...

your body are now at war about what to do. You have to MOVE! It's to keep your circulation from getting bad/worse, reduce edema which will improve that circulation...which will w/increased good blood flow get things rolling along for healing.

There have been studies done that not only SHOW but prove that any exercise, better yet, specially targeted exercise for folks w/diabetic PN and GBS/CIDP do IMPROVE mobility and recovery substantially.

I know that you are hurting, and your body tries to move and then you pay for trying something new, you mind agrees to KEEP STILL. But, you gotta get up and get moving to keep what you have left in the way of strength and balance and you CAN with the right therapy get lots of it all back. I am living proof, except when I lose ground when I fall and break something else!
I'll dig up my list of exercise site and post them in the 'stickiies'..
You don't need much: a theraband, a hand weight or two [real light weight ones...it's not how big they are-just how you use them, maybe a hand squishy thing [for want of better term] and a counter or other safe solid place to hold onto to do certain walking, stretching, and balancing acts.

I mean, IF you're in pain while in bed or in pain sitting, or in pain trying to do PT stuff...Why not keep trying the pt stuff? There's lots of things one can do in bed to build up back, abdomen, legs and arms...so when ya do get outta bed you can do some simple things a bit better/easier? Worth a try at least!

I dunno about you, I learned this past winter that wheelchairs aren't FUN [broken knee 2 places]-AT ALL! I'd much rather be mobile any which way I can!
's And turn this all into something good - wouldn't it be great if you could absolutely ASTOUND your DOCS? HEEE HEEE! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote