View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM
artist

artist

Thumbs up Wittesea's Brilliant idea

Wittesea, I hope you don't mind my pasting your post from the recent locked thread; here it is:
Quote:
I noticed that several people are worried about the moderators in terms of having someone moderate a specific forum when the moderator doesn't have knowledge about that specific illness.

So I have a suggestion on how to help those concerns...

Why not start a post in the forums that you post to and explain the particular illness/disease to the moderator(s) that have been assigned to moderate that forum?

That way, all the members of the forum would have a chance to explain the illness itself and their experience with it to the moderator(s), and you could also include some informational links about the illness/disease that the moderator(s) could read.

That would help the members of the forum to know that their moderator(s) have knowledge about the illness, and it would probably help the moderator(s) as well to be able to understand and have knowledge about the illness/disease of the forum they are moderating.
I think this is such an intelligent, thoughtful idea that firstly, I don't want it locked away and secondly, I'd like to see it implemented immediately.

What do ppl think about it? If it could be a sticky, it would encourage posters to add their own views and experiences. A "collected works" of this kind would be fascinating, very helpful and therapeutic, but most of all educational for all of us.

In my own forum (RSD) we all experience different symptoms of a little-understood and rarely investigated disease; diagnosis is difficult and often wrong or too late. We have many posters who arrive unsure as to whether they really have it, simply because it doesn't quite match the medical literature - matching their own experience to a collected "forum user experience profile" will be of great help.

What's the feedback on that, guys?
all the best
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote