Thread: Not finding...
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Artist,

I'm sure you're right about what the article means, but I also tend to disagree with it, if I didn't read it completely wrong (which is possible, since I read through it quickly). I know that there are people who have primarily what they're calling "hot" RSD. But most people have times with both hot and cold symptoms. I don't think it's nearly as clear-cut as saying someone has "hot" RSD or "cold" RSD. Plus, most of the people I've talked to (and those I've met in person) talk more about the cold than the hot, so I'm really confused about that 95% having hot RSD thing.

I've never believed in that "staging" stuff. I don't think really anybody's RSD has ever followed a strictly outlined course. I'm not sure ANY disease ever follows an outlined course! I've had RSD for more than 12 years, and I don't fit into any stage. I have aspects of all of them! I also don't believe that there are real distinctions between hot and cold RSD, at least right now. I'm fairly sure that when and if the researchers get off their you-know-whats and find an underlying cause for this stupid disease, we'll find out that there are different causes in different cases, possibly corrolating with different symptoms and/or responses to treatment. Of course, then they'll have to come up with even MORE names for RSD/CRPS/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-week...

-Betsy

Last edited by betsyherm; 05-25-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Made it nicer!
betsyherm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote