View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Let down again by the doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Saw docs, had ECG, heart is ok, thinks the arrhythmia is caused by all the pain... I'd laugh if it weren't so unfunny!

Have inflammation and 'problems' with my sacro-iliac joint. Asked him if it could be anything to do with the CRPS, and he went...."C, R,..?" I said the full name and he said 'oh right' in a careless way. Examined my hip movement, always fun anyway , but he was really hands on, quite rough, and didn't ask or warn me when he grabbed my CRPS knee and thigh with his cold hands. Asking me if it hurt when he was yanking my leg around. Why yes it did hurt. When he pressed bits of my SIJ it was horrendous pain and hot burn, so he was pretty content with the dx.

I asked if the CRPS had any link and he was very dismissive of the idea. Hmm. Hard to take that seriously when he wasn't sure what it was... I have some voltarol gel stuff for it, and regular paracetamol (I laughed hollowly). Must avoid bending and twisting. Lol. Tell my kids and pets that. He thinks it will subside in a few weeks time.

Oh it hurts such a lot. No position is comfortable. Sitting on the sofa is very bad, but that's best for when I rest my feet and legs. Ho hum. Going to have to lie down upstairs....on my own. Boo.

Hope you guys are doing ok x

Bram
Bram, so sorry you had to be confronted by such an ignorant and uncaring individual who is supposed to be there to provide us with general care. I truly feel that so many practitioners out there believe we are putting it all on so as to access drugs. I for one am over it and wrote a letter if complaint to the last practitioner who was dismissive of me and my pain levels. I since got an authority from my PM who in conjunction with my GP can now issue me the strong medication as and when required and no one, no one, can accuse me of being a drug seeker.
As for his manhandling of your poor limb, this is disgusting, I'm speechless he could demonstrate such a lack of compassion and show his complete and utter ignorance of CRPS.
How is the arythmia today, do they know what it causing it? Do you need further tests.
Thinking if you and wishing the strongest positive thoughts and hoping you can fund the time to be kind and gentle to yourself and slow down.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (02-14-2014)