View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 12:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
I just had a last thought and went to look up MTHFR....

MTHFR was recently discovered to be a cause for many many diseases and conditions related to inflammation. It is being studied but there rae simple things that can be done like take a special B vitamin. If interested check MTFR.net. Here is a list of associated conditions.

http://mthfr.net/mthfr-mutations-and...se/2011/09/07/

In 2003 the human genome project found a very common genetic mutation-- about 35% of population has it, and it is easy to identify with a simple blood test. Changing to a methylated folate can help B12 be absorbed properly. It is not normally tested for, but... if you have symptoms might be worth it. I had symptoms and my doc checked. Now I see a ND to help me with diet .

It doesn't manifest in everyone who has it... just some of us are more lucky than others. If you are interested, have the blood test ... treatment is being worked on.

MTHFR gene when working right: " Methionine is converted in your liver into SAM-e (s-adenosylmethionine), which is anti-inflammatory, supports your immune system, helps produce then breakdown of your brain chemicals serotonin, dopamine and melatonin, and is involved in the growth, repair and maintenance of your cells..."

Best to all today in the pain free quest,

Hana
That is very, very interesting on a whole lot of levels. Wow. Thank you.

I too had mono as a child, and scarlet fever too.

I have Reynauds.

My mother died from Lupus.

I loose blood very easily and I've had lots of blood transfusions. One year alone (2011) I had 10 transfusions.

As an adult I had a brain infection because of exposed nerves in my mouth. After the antibiotics my dentist in Peru pulled numerous nerves out of my mouth with a tweezers. Yes it hurt but it felt better very quickly.

Anyone else?
AndreadePalma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (02-14-2014)