View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ssdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG?me View Post
I am 55 and have been working the last 10 years at the same job. 20 years previous I owned my own business in the same field. For 25 plus yrs of high white blood cells On and off muscle weakness, neck weakness fatigue, numbness in face, legs and hands little use of left arm after repetitive motion. Many Doctors/tests but would always get better. Some surgery cervical fusion. Until next time 2-3 yrs ago fatigue was so bad had to cut down on working to 3-4 days and work from home occasionally when it got to bad to go in. Reduced pay but my employer is a long time friend and was willing to accommodate me due to my illness. January 2011 husband gets hit by drunk driver. Long story...Lots of stress due to his medical for 18 months. (He is doing good now) Late Aug 2013 I woke and could not breath well or get around due to weakness of muscles. Many doctors later and not functioning well enough to go to work unless driven. Tested positive in Dec 2013 for MG. On mestinon 60mg 4x day and time release at night. Ivig treatment for 5 days 2 wks ago.(swallowing problems) Still weak and fatigued.
Problem .... Employer needs someone to work since I have not been able to for over a month. Now I will be unemployed but not well enough to work away from home. I need to rest every 2-3 hrs to keep functioning. So my question is since they are letting me go I'm not sure if this is an unemployment claim or disability.
Hi There,

It sounds like applying for SSDI would be the best bet for your situation. With unemployment, you have to be actively seeking employment, which you are not able to do at this time. As such, disability would be the route to take.
jzimelman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote