View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Vent all you need to. My mom as I said was most difficult. As far as the driving goes, if he is a danger report him. My mom took out a center post in her driveway, her right mirror, backed into another car, and dented forward on her garage door. Well I did indeed report her. She was definitely a danger, to herself and to others. She failed the tests. That is what they make the older folks do if they are reported. I studied the book with mom, but I knew she would never pass the driving. Heck I am an older folk! If my driving ever goes down, I have told my son to take away my key!
If your family will not support medical intervention, it is ok to back away from the situation. You do not have to be around it. I would also be annoyed with all the girly talk. Good grief, he is in his nineties...he must think he is still young! Let your hubby deal with it. You stay home read a book, watch a movie. Family members can be told the truth. If he is offensive, bow out, maybe the rest of the family will figure out in time that he needs help.
Not an easy situation, I know... wish I could tell you some magic thing to help. I only know I would not want to be around that behavior myself for very long. A little would go a long way. keep in touch, keep venting, I will listen. ginnie
He reminds me of a teenager..My hubby stays away too.Its hard though because he lives downstairs from us..My hubby owns the farm..He is so rude.He blairs the tv and radio when ever he feels like it..We can hear it very well..He speaks on his phone a lot and we can hear that too..Its not easy..I turn things on to tune him out..I was in tears thursday,I have RSD and my pain level was terrible,and I went to lie down,and he had the tv soo loud I turned my tv up so loud so could not stand it..he finially turned his down...feel like I am dealing with a kid..I guess the part that bothers me the most is he talks to everyone he can,and tells them how terrible I am,and I told him one day that I am tired of it,and if he wants to ask me about my past ask..I am tired of the lies..Grant you no one is perfect,but I am not and did not do what he tells...I told him we need to get along better..Hugged him and he said you are right ..than one day later on the speaker phone running me down again.so I was madder than before..I have prayed several times for the Lords help,and He led me back to kindness,but the 3rd time is enough..Its funny my doctor even told me stay away from him because it was making my illness worse,plus BP out of control..145/103....now on bp meds..
So sorry about your Mom too..Its hard..But I guess we were never easy either growing up..lol..thank you so much..hope you are doing better too..does she act her age?If you could tell me alittle bit ,it would be great..is your dad gone?My mothere-in-law died 3 years ago this may..my parents are both gone..my dad when he was 48..in 1993..my mom 65 in 2009..it is really hard being without them..no grandparents either..have a good night..God Bless You..
moosey2me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote