View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Synnove,

I personally think a veeg would be a good thing for you to do. By doing this the Dr. can monitor your brain and see what's going on because you will be on camera around the clock except when using the restroom.
The brain is the most active when a person is sleeping and you may be having some type of sz. in your sleep it sounds like a possible simple partial or maybe an absence (petit mal) sz. you are having. I have both of these types of sz. and when I was on Lyrica it didn't help me at all. I also have herniated discs L4, L5 S1 so I know what that's like. If your sz. are lasting longer than before this tells me the sz. med you are taking isn't helping you at all.
It will be good for you to see an Epileptologist in my opinion. I've seen many different neurologists over the yrs. and when I started to see an Epileptologist this Dr. was able to pinpoint the location triggering my sz. and he also did a DNA test on me to see what sz. med would help me the most only to find out I'm drug resistant to all sz. meds that are out on the market right now. Later on I had brain surgery to help reduce my sz. Take my word it will be a smart move seeing an Epileptologist and getting their opinion these Drs. can order a PET or SPECT scan also if you haven't had one yet and these tests show all the activity going on in the brain along with much more detail. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (02-15-2014)