View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My mantra is: more data, more analysis, more progress.

We, PwP, have the skills, we have the computing power, we can, I believe, do useful science.

So thanks for finding this Bob. It has similar objectives to what I'm trying to do with:

www.parkinsonsmeasurement.org

PDMeasure is part of this site and contains surveys and an on-line test which measures your side-to-side tapping speed. This feeds directly into a database. The data is anonymous, but open to anyone to use.

As I underand it MJFF plan to have an on-line survey system operational this year.

I'm currently looking at the 24/7 high frequency (every second) measurement of tremor, bradykinesia, stoop and blinking. My approach is to use an Arduino board, basically a small computer the size of a credit card. It is cheap (£7). It collects data from sensors around the body (£20), storing the raw data on a micro-SD card (£10). My background is in mathematics and computing, not electronics, so progress is slow.

I had one of those do I laugh or do I cry times yesterday. I was trying to solder together a piece of equipment to measure tremor. This required making 15 connections one tenth of an inch (2.56mm) apart. The irony of course is that this is not easy to do with a tremor. It took me a whole day to get right. It should have taken about 5 minutes.

If anyone is interested in this area, please get in touch.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (02-15-2014)