Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've decided to use this thread to keep track of my progress/decline sort of like a personal diary, and also allow other people to follow. I've gathered great information and inspiration following the progress of others and would like to add to our collective knowledge and experience. I'll try and update at least once a week as long as I can.

So as of today it has been...
-82 days since first symptoms in left foot
-35 days since first symptoms in right foot
-10 days since starting Nortriptyline
-7 days since last alcohol
-4 days since starting supplements

I realize that things will probably get worse before I can expect improvement, but it would be nice to find some signs of hope. It's been all down hill the past 3 months, and today I've even noticed increased pain in mt right foot. An added "bunched sock" feeling behind my middle toe. The arch of my right foot cramps and feels raw. Theres a sharp pain in the ball behind my left big toe like I'm walking on a rock. Mild feelings of swelling on my foot soles that come and go. Burning in both feet to just above the ankle. Mild burning in hands and arms at night.

I spoke with my mother a few days ago as I was feeling down. I told her how I was feeling and she mentioned that she has dealt with burning in her feet for almost 20 years, although she was never officially diagnosed with PN. She said my grandmother went through the same thing. My pain feels more severe than what she described, but now I'm thinking it could be a hereditary thing worsened by my prolonged alcohol use. (Just my best guess for now)

So here I am trying to take it one day at a time keeping my diet in check and trying not to fall into the depths of pain and depression. Wish me luck!!!
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-17-2014)