View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan403 View Post
Hi Friends,

I saw a doctor recently who is really trying to help me get my pain under control. He prescribed me percocets and gabapentin 300mg. For now I am taking the gabapentin about an hour before I go to bed at night. But, I still feel slow, groggy, clumsy, and can't focus well when I wake up. The doctor wants me to start taking it in the mornings as well in one week. I just honestly don't know how I am going to work when I take these in the morning. I can hardly walk straight about an hour after I take one and it feels like I have a hard time seeing straight. They also make me really sleepy. Do the side effects start to decrease with time? I am still 1 1/2 months away from working at my job long enough to meet the waiting period for STD and LTD.
So my next question is, are there any Canadians here on government disability for CRPS? If I get laid off or don't meet the waiting period at work I don't know what I will do for income.
Thanks so much for your help everyone
Megan
Hi, I am very new to the form and PN and started on 300 mg of garbapentin3times a day and now take double the dosage 1800mg of garbapentin. The first couple of days I felt high but that passed.

You don't mention if you are taking the Percocet or how many times a day you are taking it.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote