View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1234 View Post
I am curious as to when you cut out the sugar, did that include fruit as well? How long do you think I should cut out the stevia before seeing a difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
I would just try it for a month and see if it makes a difference, and take it up from there?
Not disagreeing here—just adding own experience. I thought I had posted a response to this thread last night, but I don't see it, and it was involved enough that I don't think I can reproduce it.

FWIW:

I'm on a diet for intractable pain, which only cuts out fruit that's primarily juice (citrus). I still eat fruits with more substance, like bananas. Tough call in some places, as the diet doesn't list specific examples. Best judgment I guess, but fruit juices are definitely out, even with no added sugar.

In researching the question of how long, I came across a similar discussion involving aspartame. I'm no chemist; stevia isn't aspartame, but they are both artificial sweeteners. That discussion recommended a six-week hiatus. I didn't think that was unreasonable. If it were me, I'd probabaly go at least a month, and possibly as long as 3 months. If you learn something sooner, all the better.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote