View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Cat,

My doctor is pressuring me (strongly suggesting) to try Cymbalta (duloxetine) too. I've been down the road with other SNRIs, as well as SSRIs and TCAs, and had very bad reactions to all of them. He seems to have forgotten all that. Worse still, he knows (or should know) I'm currently taking other meds that increase my risk of serotonin syndrome/toxicity, yet seems oblivious to piling on more.

There was another thread about Cymbalta recently...

Cymbalta now in generic form: duloxetin HCL

...and there is much more in the archives (Search)—bad and good—including side effects and duration.

Doc
Thanks Dr. Smith. I have read several of your other very informative and sympathetic posts and it is appreciated to those of us who are clueless.

I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and tell her what I am feeling. If she says to stick it out a few more days, I am not sure what to do. This is my first time trying an AD so it is highly likely I cannot tolerate them well either. My family says to keep on taking it and see what happens, but on the other hand they are out to dinner right now and I am sitting at home feeling like a zombie and posting on a computer!

It is funny that I am so desperate for a doctor to solve my problems I will believe anything they tell me. After all the doctors I have been through the past few years, you would think one would learn! So glad to have found this forum and all of you who really understand and care enough to share your knowledge and stories.
cat1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (02-17-2014), Marie33 (08-31-2014)