View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default 2 light concussions - 6 yrs later and still learning problems, sleepiness, etc

Hi - found this thread as i was searching online for some info on my symptoms. Had a mountain bike crash and was concussed for about 6 hours - bust collar bone, according to some medical sites if u can remember to withing 5 minutes of the accident yours s considered mild - ? I can remember to within seconds. About a yer later i had a scooter accident where someone turned in front of me and i took a hard knock to the head although i remained conscious.

For the first 6 months of my recovery i was sleeping about 16 hours a day. At first i thought i twas the pain killers but after i stopped those the sleeping continued. I would wake up at 8-9, and by 12-1pm i couldnt keep my eyes open and would sleep till 4-5 and by 8-9 i was out again.

Its been almost 6 years now and there come moments in days sometimes mornings and evenings when all of a sudden i just get SO drowsy i have to take a nap. Luckily I freelance and work aroud these issues - furthermore my memory which was once razor sharp is quite pitiful - including my capability to learn certain things, like languages, its almost embarrassing!

Is there any therapy that can help me wn back some of my brain? I still program successfully and function fine - but i have noticed a drop in attention, feeling apathetic sometimes, loss of minor cognitive functions -

Basic info:
Im 36, male, non smoker, have the odd drink here and there and no allergies / addictions to anything. I do a moderate amount of sport and eat relatively healthy. What vitamins can help the brain? I tend to eat quite alot of meat and love veggies and fruit.. I also eat 2 sugars ina coffee and over cereals - moderate in most things id say..

thanks!
fstarockr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote