View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb cravings cravings cravings....

The mantra for all who wish to lose weight, or feel better in some other way.

Some friends clued me into a book, which also has a website, run by a
doctor (female) who has instituted a process to lose weight that works, in her practice.

It is called Obesity's Answer, by Dr. Rima Jensen-Kittley MD.
her website is www.obesitysanswer.com

I cannot recommend it enough. I found inositol information there that changed my husband and son's life....but that is another story.

Dr. Kittley maintains that her obese patients have food intolerances to the very things they crave. There is a huge explanation for this in the book.
It sounds simple and unbelieveable, but it is TRUE.

IT is too complex for this thread, and somewhat medical, but if you are really interested buy her book or find it at your library. I got mine at Amazon.

What did I crave? Orange Juice... my husband would go to the refrigerator and say "Did the orange juice thief strike in the night?" And what did it do to me ...? It was contributing to the horrible arthritis I had in my knees! I have been orange juice free now since JUNE! and my knee pain is gone!

Dr. Kittley has discovered that the very things we crave can be actually harming us. Craving bread?....look to Gluten intolerance... she has a chapter on that!

There is PCOS, food intolerances, and insulin resistance all discussed and elimination diets given, and then recipes, for substantial meals.

So check it out... you might find an answer there for you!

BTW Dr. Kittley's style is so compassionate, I was totally struck by the tone of her book. It is amazing!

BTW--- I hear groans....oh, NO not another diet book! This one is totally different. Check out her website, and you will see!
Good luck!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-21-2006 at 08:52 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote