View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default PCS advice scan or not to scan?

Hi looking for some Post conussion syndrome advice... my story so far..

I fell of my horse on the 11th of December 2013, it wasn't a bad fall at all I was wearing a hat and hit my head didn't think anything of it and got back on. Two days later I had problems with my vision becoming distorted and sparkly. It lasted for about 45mins and I had it checked out and the doctors just thought it was a delayed concussion.

I then had headaches constantly and really sore eyes from any bright lights. I stopped watching tv, going on the computer and using my phone. I also had no energy and stopped exercising as much. I saw a doctor who said I had post concussion syndrome and just do what I was comfortable doing. By the 20th of January I was only having very small headaches and my eyes seem to be ok when watching tv and browsing the internet.

I went back to work only trying to do mostly admin jobs that didnt involve a computer and half days but as soon as I started concentrating on anything reading/typing an email/ writing notes my eyes and head began to get sore. I was at work for a week and was then signed of again by my doctor and haven't been back since.

I have stopped watching tv again and using my phone and the computer until today! I dont get sore eyes unless I do any of these things. The headaches are a lot less now but I don't have the energy I used to have at all. I have a horse so have to get up every morning to feed it ect. I can exercise now with out getting headaches but I don't know how much I am allowed to do. The doctors have been so vague. I ride competitively so want to get back into it properly. I was told if I did have a bleed the doctor may have missed and fell of my horse again it could be a lot worse.

I haven't had any scan on my head as they don't think I need one. My Osteopath and physio were both surprised that I hadn't had a scan. Should I go private and get a scan? Also if exercise doesn't bring on any of the symptoms headache/sore eyes does that mean it is ok? I know that going private for a scan is going to be expensive and might show nothing but if it does will that give me the all clear to compete my horse?

I haven't had any alchol since being told I have post concussion syndrome and have been on a whole foods diet and resting as much as possible also been drinking so much water! which is sometimes a pain at night as I constantly need a wee! Are there any vitamins and supplements that could help?

I would recommend audio books to anyone else that gets sore eyes from bright lights tv/computer ect. they have been keeping me going.

Any advice would be great
Katie09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote