View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
The Hinz protocol works great. I have been doing it for a couple of years and it abolishes my symptoms. Nor do I seem to have progressed despite having mostly the PIGD version of PD that progresses faster. My only complaints are the cost because I require so much ( 9 tsp of macuna, 5 tbl of tyrosine, 6 capsules of cysteine, 1 capsule of 5-HTP daily) and the inconvenience of having to mix the powders every 3 hours.

If you do a search for Hinz it will bring up my past comments.
Thanks. Actually, I did the Hinz protocol for a few months too and the last time the doc bumped up the quantities it became cost prohibitive too. At least it seemed to be safer than the sinemet routine which appears to be not so good to the brain after a few years. The use of cysteine, folate and 5-http suggested by Hinz seems to protect the brain from excessive homocystene buildup which sinemet (l-dopa) causes. I recently had my dna genomes sequenced by 23andme and found out that I don't metabolize folic acid too well (the MTHFR gene with the C677T mutation). So that means I need to take L-methyl folalte (not synthetic folate) or eat plenty of folate rich foods to account for that. This mutation (or the 1298 one) also means I have lowered glutithione as well which explains alot. Glad the Hinz protocol works for you. You can buy all ingredients for that from multiple sources now so that should bring the costs down alot. Best regards!

Last edited by zanpar321; 02-17-2014 at 01:06 PM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GerryW (02-18-2014)