View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Carolyn

My apologies.Sometimes I forget that our usage of language is widely different between countries although after my SWINGERS episode I guess it should be uppermost in my mind.
Yes...SOD OFF/ SOD IT are english terms, HUGELY more acceptable than the tawdry and offensive four letter expletive which I don`t care to write down here.The word is affectionately used by "moi" and my post wasn`t meant to be damning to the mentioned thread at all.I just found it ironic that when we are trying to avoid Stress...in doing so it naturally raises its head.

No...the thread was extremely lively and informative,intelligent and apt,but sadly got way too personal,which to be fair,is a fact of life when "passionate " folk with diverse opinions get together.
I guess the important thing is to know when to back off,and shut up so more damage isn`t caused.Life is one huge learning curve hey?

My aim was to say,...we aren`t going to eradicate stress so can we all share ways of managing it.I tend to be pro-active...always on the lookout for ways of "fixing" and "pouring oil on troubled waters" rather than analysing.My brain isn`t capable of the depth of concentration and assimilation of facts required for such tossing around of data etc .
I know my limitations shall we say.

Simply thought it would be useful to have a thread where people could recommend ways to chill out...you know..tried and tested methods...what works for them. I am sure there is one already floating about somewhere but it doesn`t hurt to re-visit issues from time to time.
It could be a good book which transports you to another place for a while...
or a particularly beautiful piece of music. A feel-good film...
JUST DON`T HOG IT TO YOURSELF. SHARE IT.
Absolutely anything.It doesn`t necessarily have to be a calming activity.
Leaping out of a plane might chill some folk out.Personally it would FREAK me out but ...whatever FLOATS YOUR BOAT. ANOTHER ENGLISH SAYING.

But also,and this is more important for those who are still trying to juggle work,home,leisure and pleasure...
WAYS TO BALANCE WORKLOAD AND STRATEGIES ON HOW TO PRIORITISE AND MAKE SOME SPACE FOR YOURSELVES.

WAYS TO ADJUST WHEN WORK FINALLY HAS TO GO...
WAYS TO ADAPT TO THE EVER CHANGING GOAL POSTS OF PD.

steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote