Thread: tense muscles
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpy View Post
Have you had any positive tests done for mg? Too much muscle tone is definitely not a problem with mg or Lems except for maybe in scattered areas due to weak unbalanced muscles. It's more like jello muscles.

There is also a disease called stiff person syndrome that has tight painful muscles and is sometimes confused with mg. Hope you get it figured out soon.
No I have not have a positive test for mg. Waiting to go to neuro to have more test. When I went into the ER my words were slurred and at first I felt no pain then I felt pain and I told him it felt like a muscle spasm in the jaw and could I please have something to relax muscles. He said no you cant because you may have mg and that will make it worse. That's what I was trying to get at when I asked questions. That's what I have always thought weakness is, when you legs were like jello and gave away. But I couldn't lift my leg because it was too heavy and tight and they said that was leg weakness and I was confused on that. When I try to exercise my legs gets heavier and tighter till I can not move them and they are better after I rest so I guess that's where me and the doctors had out wires crossed.
sham0968 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote