View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

My PN was the worst over 30 yrs ago....none of these drugs were available then... except for Elavil and opiates.

My PN improved considerably with treatment for my low thyroid.

I do have arthritis too, and use 1/2 to 1 tramadol 50mg very seldom at night, if things are too overwhelming for me.

But I prefer topical products over oral today. Salonpas patches (arthritis), Lidoderm RX patches severe nerve issues, Biofreeze for burning (not frequent anymore--- avoidance of potatoes fixed that), and magnets for nighttime pain.

I never used the new SSRI drugs, or gabapentin/Lyrica, or opiates. (I had opiates in the hospital for my C-section, and that was the only time).

I have pre-diabetes now, so sometimes my feet flare up, but not terribly. I've learned to live it all, for the most part.

I am currently on a new gluten free attempt...since my GI issues have been more active than usual. I also have congenital malrotation of the GI tract, and hereditary angioedema. So my GI problems are far and away the worst now than ever!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-17-2014)