Thread: Pain cream
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisco71 View Post
I have posted about my complications from my TOS surgery nearly 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately that has left me dependent on pain meds, which I have never needed before. I saw my PCP this week and she gave me a sample of a new pain cream. It is a compound that is made up(in Beverly Hills, I believe) and sent to you when your dr. orders it. It has a lot of the medication in it that I have tried but, could not tolerate orally. Gabapentin(for nerve pain), Flexeril, and Baclofen(muscle relaxers), and an anti-inflammatory(Flurbiprofen), and Lidocaine(numbing med). I tried it and it did help. I think if you had more "normal" and not post-op pain that it would work amazingly.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that this was out there. My dr. ordered it for me after I tried it and my insurance covered it, so hopefully most will. It is a good alternative for those of us who can't tolerate many medications by mouth.
H,i I have a cream like this. It is compounded in a compounding pharmacy. Your Dr. has to write the prescription and any compunding pharmacy can do it. Unfortunatly for me it doesnt help much but its good if you dont want to use all the different meds
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
brisco71 (02-17-2014), cyclist (02-18-2014)