View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Job Inquiry Triggered CDR, Help!

Hello everyone,

I have been on SSDI since 2009. At that time they said that based on my condition they would do a CDR in 5-7 years. Last month without really even trying I found a part time job that pays well below the SGA. Before taking the job though I thought I better check with the SSA so I called the 800 number and spoke with a lady who said it was fine if I worked but that I would not be allowed to earn over $1070 or else I would lose my benefits, plus she said I would have to call them and report the name of the employer, hours worked, pay scale, and save all my paystubs.

After this call, within 48 hours I received a CDR short form in the mail asking the standard six questions. I freaked out, I haven't even taken the job yet! Plus I have not worked even one day since going on SSDI, I was just calling to ask general questions about the process and if it was even okay to work part time while on SSDI.

My question is this: if everything goes okay and my disability payments continue after this CDR should I try to take this part time job? Or will me even working below the SGA trigger another CDR maybe a full blown 10 page one? What is going on with this situation? I thought it was okay to work part time if you are able and it is below the SGA. Was this just a coincidence? Now I'm too afraid to try and work even part time for fear of losing my benefits. What should I do? I was thinking maybe after the letter arrives saying the benefits would continue (decision in 90 days right?) then I could take the job.

What is going on? Can anyone illuminate this situation for me? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
ssdirecipient is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote