View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default It is an option

I haven't had an amputation... but I have rsd/crps, and I have long thought about amputation. My doctor in the Navy first mentioned the option in 2003. The option has been talked about twice since then. I started thinking about it again today, as the pain has been exceptional today. I found this site and thread, and I read. Boy do the opinions vary.

However, two studies one in 1995 and one 2012 have examined this subject. Surprisingly, the vast majority of patients who opt for amputation are happier for it. They don't regret it. They would do it again. I cannot post the links at this time due to forum rules.

The question of course is it right for me? Will it work for me? Would I be happier without my leg? Would I be more functional? Would I be less suicidal? Would I... oh would I?

I don't know the answer to this question, and I still ask it to myself. I still wonder, and I want to know. I know today I use a wheelchair mostly. I wonder...

Someday I may no longer wonder, and I will post in this thread if it exists. I just know that I have tried to kill myself four times in ten years, and if this option has a slight chance of working wouldn't it be worth it? Would it be better than the alternative?
marypoppins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (02-17-2014)