View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
It might have been a coincidence or you possibly triggered a CDR. My guess is if you triggered it, you would have received the long form though. Some swear that calling SS is like poking a bear and that once approved you should avoid calling them... One other thought, have you discussed that you're job seeking with anyone? Someone could have reported you to SS questioning if you should be entitled to benefits.

Will working any amount trigger the long form after answering yes that you have worked? I believe yes from all that I've read.

If you want to test your ability to return to the workforce, than I suggest researching TTW. It will make you exempt from a medical CDR during the period you are participating.

So long as you will be making under $770, the current amount for the Trial Work period, you'd probably be unlikely to lose benefits, assuming your health has not improved and your treatment continues actively.

You might receive a response within 90 days, but you also might receive the long form and/or not know for several months. You must notify SS once you start working anyway, so waiting until after you receive notice that benefits will continue will not completely remove you from their radar.

If you are capable of working above the SGA level, I would recommend doing so for a multitude of reasons. If your health worsens, you will be able to be reinstated.

Thank you for the response. Do you mean sign up for TTW, then if I earn under $770 the benefits should continue? Or do you mean just notify them that I am working part time and earn under $770 and the benefits will continue? Won't any kind of work even under $770 be like "poking a bear?' Thanks again for any clarification you can give.
ssdirecipient is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote