View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi M-i-m,

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you may be having simple partial also knowns as aura sz. I was in a auto accident a few yrs. ago and I ended up with a concussion which in turn triggered more sz. for me and this could be what is happening with you.
Darlene gave you some great advice and I would stick to her words I saw many neuros but when I started seeing an Epileptologist my life changed I was able to have surgery and my sz. reduced greatly.
What concerns me is when you are having sz. back to back for 20 min. that is also known as status sz. which are not good and you need to get your family Dr. to get you in to see a Epileptologist a.s.a.p
Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger a sz. for a person and it could be that when you are in therapy you feel the stress and in turn it triggers the sz. or if you notice a certain sound or bright lights around you and then have a sz. you could be audio and photosensitive meaning certain sounds and colors are triggering your sz.
Get a calendar and write down each time you have a sz. be sure to write down what time it is along with a description by doing this the Dr. may be able to see a pattern in your sz. I found that hormonal changes each month is what caused me to have sz. along with a low pressure in the weather. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote