View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
you need to do a little more research. carbidopa slows down the conversion of l-dopa to dopamine, l-dopa will pass thru the gut without carbidopa as will any similar amino acid. without the carbidopa almost all of the l-dopa would convert to dopamine outside the brain and dopamine doesn't pass the blood brain barrier.

before carbidopa was mixed with l-dopa as a treament and patients were given only L-DOPA, doses over 10grams were common since you had to overwhelm the enzymes that broke down the l-dopa so some would get to the brain. patients suffered severe nausea.

i was questioning how you create 40% mucana, 4% or 10% would make more sense. you'd just have too much dopamine getting created in your peripheral tissues.

http://parkinsons.about.com/od/treat...amine_meds.htm
Yes, sinemet (which uses pure 100% L-Dopa) allows more dopamine to be put to work in the brain due to carbodopa. The Hinz protocol is absent the carbodopa so again large quantities are required. In the protocol,Tyrosine is also used to apparently allow less L-dopa to be required. Folic acid, cysteine, vitamin C are also added to the mix to do the job of alleviating symptoms. L-dopa over time increases homocysteine and apparently kills even more dopamineric neurons which is why the above additional ingredients are required. Taking raw macuna puren beans which contain less than 10% L-dopa would require huge quantities to have the same effect as 40% L-dopa. That's my understanding anyway. I suggest you talk to a Hinz protocol Dr for more accurate info.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote