View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-eyes View Post
By "meth" I am assuming you mean methylphenidate, the same as Focalin? That is a powerful med, and most want it worn off a couple of hours at least before bedtime.

I am thinking the forced "alertness" has tired your ocular muscles. I am not sure throwing more meds at it is the best solution. I would suggest calling both the sleep doc and neuro for a possible solution.

Good luck.
Actually by meth I meant Desoxyn, the legal perscription version of methamphetamine. Adderall made me edgy and I have trouble with the generic brand of d-amphetamine, aside from the fact that my pharmicist said its on backorder.

I'd have been willing to try Focalin, but the sleep doc never brought it up, only Dexedrine and Desoxyn. I'd already asked the pharmicist about Dexedrine when I couldn't take the Adderall, so when given the choice I chose Desoxyn. Next time I'll use the brand name as it looks much less sketchy, but it is legal.

My neuro usually returns phone calls at the end of the day and I don't have any to drive me to the ER at the moment so I'm trying a Mestinon tab to see if it helps.

EDIT: Your theory about forced alertness makes sense though, since the amphetamine has been allowing me to keep my eyes open like a normal person for the last week. Also my sleep doc is pulmonary, not neuro, so I'm thinking that since I feel alert but can't open my eyes its not his area. I am waiting on a consult with a sleep neuro, but that doesn't help much now.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote