View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwardPawn View Post
Sorry if I don't respond to people right away. I"m having trouble focusing on the screen at the moment.

Will let you know if the Mestinon helps and will try to call my neuro. I'm pretty sure my sleep doc would tell me to either come in or go to the ER. Neither are an option at the moment as the closest ER is setup for emergencies only (no hospital attached) and I can't drive to the sleep docs office.

If the mestinon doesn't help I'll get someone to drive me to the ER tonight.
The mestinon test is definately helping. I still have sever ptosis, but I can open my eyes some without overly straining.

I'm in a bit confused though. I was taken off the mestinion because it stopped working and I was having trouble keeping my eyes open through the workday.

The amphetamine helped both the sleepiness and the eyelid symptoms after the mestinon failed. My neuro even said that something other than MG was causing the eyelid problem since the mestinon was doing nothing and amphetamines aren't supposed to help MG.

Now I feel like today was the complete reverse. The amphetamine helped with the sleepiness, but my eyelids were pretty much stuck until the mestinon.

I don't know if I'd just become tolerant of the Mestinon or if there's multiple conditions and today happened to be an MG attack (possibly due to over stimulation, maybe just random).

If I stop the amphetamine, the Mestinon alone doesn't seem to do much and I'm too sleepy to function. If I stop the Mestinon, it seems the amphetamine over stimulates the MG. I'll try to get in touch with both doctors, but I feel like neither way will allow me to function long term.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote