View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vanderbilt Docs Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyKay View Post
I would encourage you to follow-up with a neurologist at Vanderbilt or another large research hospital as most neurologists have no experience or knowledge about anti-MAG neuropathy. Hope all goes well. You may have something other than anti-Mag neuropathy or a combination of conditions.
Thanks Nancy! I do have a combination of autoimmune and musculoskeletal disorders or diseases. Good call! :-) I want to get a fresh look at everything, including the anti-MAG, so I can get the correct treatment. But it's not easy finding the right doctor(s) to do it.

I was a little amazed that you suggested Vanderbilt. My neurologist who found the anti-MAG antibodies referred me to Mayo Rheumatology in Rochester. I expected a referral to neurology, but he knows I need a good Rheumy consult as well. Anyway, it's been a month and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm on medical leave from work and I was actually just searching for a Rheumatologist in Nashville, since it's only 2 hours away.

Please let me know if you have heard of a particular Neurologist or Rheumatologist at Vanderbilt that its good with overlapping conditions like immune deficiencies and/or autoimmune diseases.

Side note: A Rheumatologist in Birmingham said I probably have lupus, one here said Sjogren's but probably not Lupus, and another said I don't have either! Ha! Help.
lmba214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote