View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ~RSD in Remission but doc wants my broken toe amputated. What do you say?

Massive stroke (brain trauma) in '91 causes RSD. so there I am in rehab hospital trying to rehab stroke when one day about a month later, I feel like a million scalpels are slicing me up. Hello, RSD!

Sparing you all the gorey details in between, fast forward 2 years. Toes of R foot permanently contracted so it feels like I'm walking on abscessed teeth. due to lack of health care insurance, my RSD was at this point, UNDIAGNOSED.

Podiatrist solution for toes contractures was to saw off all the toe joints, and insert steel pins for 11 weeks. The RSD which first arose with hand/arm/shoulder and the scalpel- slicing allodynia, now exploded in my right foot. When I had to go back to the podiatrist to have the stitches removed, I was screaming bloody murder! And there were a lot of stitches!

Fast forward a bunch of years- I went into REMISSION!

Fast forward to now, maybe 6-7 years into remission, the second toe which has had end joint broken off all these years gives me unbearable pain walking. The bone is about to poke through the skin. PM doc has changed her mind and doesn't see what else can be done EXCEPT AMPUTATION!

~RSD in Remission but doc wants my broken toe amputated. What do you say?-image-jpg

Looking around here and reading all your reports has reinforced my being too afraid to risk the RSD coming out of remission and destroying what's left of my life at 75 years and counting!

What are your thoughts?
~Sage~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote