View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nueropathy from the vagus nerve.

Anybody heard of neuropathy from acid reflux damaging the vagus nerve? I been doing some reading and even though I don't have blood sugar problems a lot of what I have found is that my problems are similar to having diabetic neuropathy which can come from gastreoparesis and damage to the vagus nerve. I have tried to explain to each one of my ten or more doctors that my neuropathy is directly related to my stomach somehow. When I eat I have no neuropathy because I the rawness of my throat and stomach( gastritis) is soothed by food. Also I have some glut/licorice/aloe drink I use for really bad days. Its expensive so I only use it for bad breakouts but I will take it and it will make my stinging feet fell like normal in ten seconds and last for an hour. If I eat something that someone should not eat that has reflux my nerves are on fire (chocolate, spicy foods, caffeine....) I also have been having heart problems ( currently wearing a holter to find exactly whats going on)which lead me to the whole vagus nerve being damaged causing problems with my heart and the rest of the nerves in my body. I been on PPI for 6 years and did fine on them but all of a sudden now they make my neuropathy worse. Been off of them for 6 months but if I were to take one today my nerves would be flamed up really bad. I already take a bunch of supplements that help but if my stomach isn't happy then nothing else is happy.

How can I heal my vegus nerve?

Last edited by Lewie; 02-18-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Lewie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote