Thread: Freezing Legs
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Freezing Legs

I need help. Several years ago I noticed that after getting up at night to use the bathroom, my legs would start freezing when I lay down again. It would take half an hour for them to warm up. This has accelerated and sometimes it happens without my getting up. Nights are torture now because I wake up several times and am not comfortable lying down or sitting up any more and i am having mild perspiration for several hours a night. This is only in the upper body. My legs and feel no longer sweat at all. The freezing has spread to my arms and I am often very cold now during the day, but it is not an internal chill. it feels more like cold air blowing on me.

In the meantime I have developed sock and glove sensations and most recently prickly feelings in the buttocks as well as some difficulty walking. My feet feel like logs and I am slightly dizzy with a constant headache on the top of my head. My face now feels numb, can't tell if my glasses are on or off.

I had an EMG and my doctor said I am perfectly healthy. I am very sensitive to supplements, took a B complex recently and felt very anxious, possibly because it contained soy. I have stopped for now, waiting for blood work that tested the B's, C, D and E. Two years ago my D level was at 6 so I take D daily.

I am hypothyroid and have celiac and keep a strict diet with no wheat, dairy, soy or eggs. Another doctor has agreed to order an MRI of my brain and upper cervical because my leg and arm reflexes are brisk. Two years ago it was only my legs.

Any ideas? This forum is my best hope. thank you. I am 63, female. Twenty years ago I was injured--broken tailbone, pubic bone and sacrum but this does not feel related. Thank you.
Gerry
gnnmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote