View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

My first thoughts are:

1) You should consider magnesium either in lotion (applied to the legs) or orally or both. Start with the lotion. It will improve circulation to any body area it is applied to.
Morton Epsom Lotion.... at Walmart and online at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Morton-Epsom-L...n+epsom+lotion
It is new and not in all stores yet. Some people have found it at Walgreen's locally though.
Use only about a quarter's dollop on each leg below the knee to start once a day, at bedtime. It is nothing short of miraculous IMO.

The Big Three: B12, magnesium and Vit D should be fixed in everyone with PN IMO...before thinking of other possible interventions.

2) If you are using the RX vit D --you need to understand that this does not work. D3 is OTC and much better. Since you know your test value, you can figure out how much to dose at.
1000IU D3 daily for every 10 points to raise you to a reading of 50. In your case it would be 4,000 IU D3 orally daily. Then get retested in 3-6months.

3) I use leg warmers at night. I can't stand socks, and these are a good compromise. They warm the blood going to the feet without constricting anything. I let mine sag around the ankles, and they work very well. This way you can stay cool "on top" and help the circulation at night. We don't move around much sleeping compared to daytime, so the blood tends to stagnate and not move well around. I also do isometric exercises when I wake up to use the restroom, before falling back to bed...this moves the blood around, and the constricting/ relaxing, muscle actions help the blood move around too. I learned this in physical therapy when my left hip tendons were injured. Doing these when sitting around also is a good idea.

4) the minerals zinc and selenium are the cofactors for the T4 thyroid hormone to be activated in the tissues, to active T3. If you are low in these, that will be blocked and you will have a functional low thyroid response even though you take hormone by mouth. A Centrum Silver delivers the RDA for both of these and is a good idea. Eggs are a huge supplier of choline as a nutrient. If you don't consume them, you need to find another source. Choline builds cell walls and keeps repair going in the body. Some commercial choline is derived from Soy, so it will be a challenge to find it without.
There are some sources for choline listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choline

This is just a start to think about.... if these fail for you, then in 3 months you can start thinking about other nutrients.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote