View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 05:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusf View Post
Hi Nemsmom, do your triggers always bring on an attack? HKPP is something I'm wondering about as it fits in many ways though not all. I'm keeping a note of food at mo and trying to reduce carbs and sugar to see if it makes any difference - suspect it won't but worth a try :-)
There's more than one form of periodic paralysis linked to potassium and each responds to different triggers and has different symptoms.

I do not always have an attack from eating carbs. One of my biggest trigger is rest after exercise. But I find that I react a lot stronger to a combination of triggers. If I combine a few of my triggers, I will definitely have an attack. Of course there are a lot of medicines that trigger attacks, those attacks are the scariest.

Try keeping a diary without changing your normal routine. It might be helpful. Then change your diet or routine one thing at a time, that will make it possible for you to find your triggers.

If you bring that without bringing in any information about a certain disease to your doctor, you're more likely for them to listen. They tend to hate when their patients come up with the answers before they do. Do you have a good doctor you're working with?

I hope you find your answers soon! I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote