View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default could i possibly have tourettes?

ok so I posted something like this before but I think I accidentally deleted it or something. well anyways, for 19 days, I've been experiencing muscle twitching. my fingers were relaxed and they'd always make a fist. they'd slowly go down to make a fist. well then a few days later it made the middle finger sign. then it made the peace sign 2 days later. not it's making the rock on sign idk. just my middle finger and ring finger are down and the pointer finger and pinky is up, looking like the rock on sign. well anyways, my twitching only happens when i'm not doing anything or am really relaxed. other than that I've noticed that i'm fine. but I have been experiencing a cough. It is controllable but I know it could be a vocal tic which i'm praying to god it isn't. well now the cough has gotten really really deep and has phlegm in it. I still think it could be a vocal tic. did I mention I have ocd really bad? lol. but I try to ignore the obsessive thoughts. well i'm afraid I have tics or Tourette syndrome. I had an mri today and get the results Monday but it won't show nothing but the damage that's already in the brain. i'm hoping it's not tourettes. I really think it is tho. I just don't want to get worse. I can't do anything without coughing. it hurts my throat really bad and makes it so sore. I do sleep with my mouth open but turn to the side so my mouth is shut and I breathe through my nose. the fan is like a mile away from me so yeah. i'm 19 year old female if I didn't already mention it. when i'm getting ready to fall asleep, I sometimes hiccup or jump. hypnic jerk or something is what it's called. usually related with seizures or tourettes which I do have seizures. anyways, do you think I have tourettes? do you think this is a vocal tic? I go to church and sing and am the piano player and I don't want to go to church like this.
acdcfan19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote