Thread: Fluff....
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fluff!

I love that you started a thread on this Rae! Hmmmmmm . . . what does "Fluff" mean to me???

On a good day, "Fluff" is the normal, every day, things that we can share. Like me saying that a few days ago my pain level was down, and I was able to go out and help my husband with baby chicks - and with the customers who brought their kids to pick out chicks for the new chicken coop they had just built. It is saying that, for the first time in MONTHS, I was able to bend down, pick up chicks, place them in the hands of a child, and watch their eyes fill with wonderment! I know that I can come here and share those things with a wonderful, caring group of people who will laugh with me in the goodness of those days. That's the good-day Fluff.

And on a bad day, "Fluff" is being able to go into detail - minute, tiny detail - of the pain that I'm in - like today. To share that I'm really struggling with the knowledge that I'm not ever going to be fixed, and that a few days of good, can be followed by a week of bad. That I watch day-in-and-day out as my husband finds purpose in his job, his hobbies, his chickens . . . while I sit inside - alone - feeling like I contribute nothing worthwhile to our livelihood. I know that I can also come here and share those things with a wonderful, caring group of people who will listen with every fiber of their being, understanding not only the words I say, but also the ones I don't. That's the bad-day Fluff.

I just have to say that I feel SO incredibly blessed that I found such an amazing group of people, and I'm glad that we can all "Fluff" as needed - on good days, and on bad!

Fluff On!

=Becky
chrelsey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-20-2014), eva5667faliure (02-27-2014), ger715 (02-26-2014), Hana (02-27-2014), Mark56 (02-24-2014), PamelaJune (02-19-2014), Rrae (02-20-2014), St George 2013 (02-21-2014)