View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what is spinal stenosis

Last year I had surgery for spinal stenosis It went real well but the last month I feel like I have a pinched nerve. It radiates from the shoulder
down to my fingers. Seeing my Neuroligist this coming week.
Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing (stenosis) of the spinal canal that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. This narrowing causes a restriction to the spinal canal, resulting in a neurological deficit. Symptoms include pain, numbness, paraesthesia, and loss of motor control. The location of the stenosis determines which area of the body is affected.[1] With spinal stenosis, the spinal canal is narrowed at the vertebral canal, which is a foramen between the vertebrae where the spinal cord (in the cervical or thoracic spine) or nerve roots (in the lumbar spine) pass through.[2] There are several types of spinal stenosis, with lumbar stenosis and cervical stenosis being the most frequent. While lumbar spinal stenosis is more common, cervical spinal stenosis is more dangerous because it involves compression of the spinal cord whereas the lumbar spinal stenosis involves compression of the cauda equina

Last edited by Doodle bug7; 02-20-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: mispelled neuroligist
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote