View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Hi Az-Di,

Before we try to get people to understand CRPS.. ask yourself honestly how you handled the medical misfortune of someone you know. Did you do right by them? If you did, bravo.. you are one of a kind! If you didn't measure up after knowing what you know now.. what would you have done differently and how do you think others will find a way to do what you didn't? Is there someone you know right now suffering with MS, Lupus, Spinal injury or even cancer? Have you talked to them recently? Have you put your health issues aside and went to visit them? These are just thoughts that I have.. a way for me to keep things in perspective so please ignore them if it doesn't make a bit of sense to you. We are all walking a path in darkness.. but, we are not alone, we are strong and we will get through this!!
Oh yeah, boy you hit a nerve with that!!
I have indeed asked myself that question, the answer is many times I had failed miserably. Not from lack of compassion or love though.
With those closest to me I realize it was DENIAL on my part, with others I
imagine I was just CLUELESS on what to say. However, I did try to
educate myself on what the disease or condition was about.
For that reason, for my loved ones, I do try to cut them some slack.
Of course, now that it's me I get it big time!! I really wish I could go back & get a "do over".
Too bad this the way I get "educated".
Brambledog (02-20-2014), zookester (02-20-2014)