Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagirl View Post
i was looking for mine too - but unable to find it. perhaps i need to update my 23andme profile. :-(
i'll keep trying - this is super interesting info!
Ana, I've posted this several times in the past, but it's definitely worth repeating again:

For those who have downloaded their 23andMe raw data, I highly recommend viewing all articles and databases with a Firefox browser and the SNPTips add-on. This will show your personal genotype results on the page for whatever SNP location is mentioned in the article or research study (assuming it was measured by 23andme). This makes it dramatically easier to see your genetic results whenever you read something that references a SNP. For example, when Zanpar writes about the two MTHFR SNPs of interest to this thread, when I view his post, the SNPs are highlighted in green and, if 23andMe has tested for this location, it will show my personal results. No database opening, no searching, no ctrl-f, etc. Its a wonderful tool when you are reading genetic studies.

Last edited by Tupelo3; 02-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (02-20-2014), Lemonlime (02-20-2014), soccertese (02-21-2014), zanpar321 (02-20-2014)