15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Regarding seafood.... there is another factor:

Histamine excess...which will give paresthesias just like PN:

more here on that:
http://diagnosisdiet.com/histamine-intolerance/

I, myself, cannot tolerate the nightshade family. The burning I get from peppers, excess tomatoes, and esp potatoes is horrible.
I can have a tiny bit of tomato sauce but not days in a row... maybe once a week or every 10 days. But potatoes really make me burn and also any "hot" sauces or bell peppers. When I finally figured this out, I had a huge improvement in daily burning of my feet!

Another important thing to avoid is MSG.... this form of unbound glutamate which is artificial will stimulate the pain receptors called NMDA receptors and increase pain.
MSG is used heavily in soups, stews, sauces, flavored anything like chips, etc, and is a hidden ingredient that can cause much grief.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote