View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Post Mom needs help with kids understanding.

Hello, I'm a new member. back in October I hit my head and suffered from a concussion. Now I am coping with Post Concussion Syndrome. Some days are better than others. I do suffer from frequent headaches, fatigue, short and long term memory loss. I cannot handle loud noises or bright lights. Some days are calm emotional wise but others feel like a roller coaster ride. I have 3 kids. Ages are 9, 12, and 17. I'm having a difficult time getting them to understand why I'm like this and that I'm no longer that very energetic, mostly patient person I used to be. I have forgotten routines I did everyday with my youngest and she is heartbroken. My 17 year old has chronic migraines and keeps comparing what I have to that and unfortunately it's not the same. In general, I appear healthy and they don't understand that for now this is the new norm for our family. I don't want to tell them too much and scare them either. Is there any advice that anyone can share to help me help my kids understand Post Concussion Syndrome and the healing process that I'm going through?
SKaylor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote