View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Thank you for the advice and I will definitely read the sticky posts. I got the concussion when I hit a door frame in my house head on. I was rushing around trying to clean the house before my dr appt for bronchitis. The center of my forehead hit it and I had a huge bump on my head from it. When I went to the doctors he never said anything about the bump on my head so I didn't think it was serious and just put ice on it and took some ibuprofen for the pain. A couple days later my husband noticed I had slurred speech. I kept getting dizzy, and I was really tired. I couldn't keep up with a conversation and had a hard tiime finding the words i wanted to say. He took me to the dr and a ct scan was taken and came back normal. Soon after I had my first ever anxiety attack. I was trying to act as if nothing happened and do my normal day to day stuff. That's when the dr, my husband and I got serious about paying attention to the mental effects of pcs and I don't remember has become a very common phrase I say a lot now.
SKaylor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote