View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gosh, it sounds like I could have written your post . . . I, too, fell in October outside my home and hit my right temple in a freak wipe out and was knocked unconscious for about 10-15 min. My jaw was dislocated and at first didn't realize I was knocked out . . . fast forward to now . . . I watch my hubby and boys drive away to hockey and family events while I stay home . . . going out is overwhelming to any place with florescent lighting, lots of people, motion . . . get car sick, getting really annoyed at my kids, emotional, headaches, pressure in my head, and short term memory loss which is odd. If I'm talking to people I will often be heard saying . . . did I tell you this already? . . .

The hardest part is not being the mom I used to be . . . my oldest son for the first time, had a drop in his performance at school and my youngest has overachieved to the point of trying to be perfect . . .

Just want you to know you're not alone . . . I currently am:
- seeing a concussion dr who put me on omega 3s, coconut oil to help absorb those, a good multi vitamin (whole food), eating protein around the clock . . .
- seeing a chiro who gives me eye tracking exercises,
- try to walk at least half hour a day
- am seeing an osteopath in two weeks
- also trying to eat healthier
- learned to crochet to help keep me off the computer . . .

Keep hanging in there.
budeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SKaylor (02-21-2014)