View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all of the replies. At the recommendation of my ENT, I decided later this week to see my primary physician about getting scheduled for routine blood work/urinalysis to rule out anything other underlining issues that might be going on.

During the routine checkup phase, however, they took my blood pressure (BP) and noted that it was extremely high; I didn't think anything of it, because I generally feel uncomfortable when I'm sitting in a DR's office, but I had gotten my BP taken two times earlier in the last week when I originally went to the ENT for the first and for the CTA review. Both times, my blood pressure was high as well.

I should hear back in a couple of days on the results, but does anyone have any knowledge of having really high blood pressure occur a few MONTHS AFTER a concussion? I'm assuming the head bumping experience I have been encountering over the past couple of weeks is a direct result of the increased BP, but could this be inter cranial hypertension? My headaches have been much better / almost non existent (except certain instances) as well.

Pretty confused as to what could be causing this, because as I mentioned earlier, I have been, if anything, less stressed over the past couple of weeks, eat very healthy, been getting enough sleep, doing all the right things to relax/heal, etc.

Any insight / knowledge on high BP post concussion, would be much appreciated!
fish85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote