View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi tombedlam,

You are welcome. I offer factual information that is unfortunately not often given to the patient. I hope some day to see that change but I know better than to hold my breath waiting.

Regarding the removal of this tooth. Yes, there is a concern that the opposing tooth will drift downward toward this space if you did not replace this tooth. But that depends on your the alignment of your teeth and your dentist can evaluate that for you. If you choose to keep this tooth, the inevitable is extraction so weigh the risks out carefully before you choose what to do.

Regarding the original dentist...... it is unacceptable and perhaps unlawful to break off an instrument in a tooth and not inform the patient. You could call your state dental board and ask them that question.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombedlam View Post
Bryanna,

First of all, thank you for responding, and for providing people like me valuable advice and attention. This is the first true dental nightmare that I've experienced, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's completely thrown my life off-kilter. People like you help modulate the isolating/bitter experience with a learning experience.

After reading your advice to other root canal sufferers, my compulsion is to extract the tooth, but I understand that this too has complications such as supraexpulsion of the upper corresponding tooth. If I had infinite resources (I don't) I'd consider implantation and crowning, but I've also heard complications about this option as well.

I'd also appreciate any advice you or anyone might have concerning dealing with the original dentist, if that's advisable at all.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote