View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Haven't checked in a while, job has been keeping me more than busy. However...drum roll please...

6 months this week! And ever so proud of myself.

Next up...quitting these stupid cigarettes. Wide-O, do I remember correctly that your PN got significantly better once you quit smoking (how's that going by the way?). I seem to remember that from a thread I found somewhere, or should I take it from your latest post here that maybe that was a good spell for you. Our symptoms are somewhat similar, so I'm following your progress with interest.

My PN, sadly has gotten worse, whether it's the winter, or the fact that supposedly it gets worse before it gets better, or...SMOKING...or all three. I don't know. But the pins and needles have left my feet and taken up residence in my hands and while it's not debilitating, it's certainly is frustrating and depressing. Advil doesn't seem to do much, I'm on Gabapentin (for alcohol cravings and in a lower dose than is usually prescribed for neuropathic pain from what I understand, so I guess it makes sense that it's not doing much).

But hey, I'm sober and working again, that's more than I can say for myself six months ago. So life ain't so bad...

On the positive side health wise my blood sugar is under much better control and my BP has dropped considerably, I've lost 60lbs so far too.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-22-2014), Icehouse (02-22-2014), mrsD (02-22-2014), newstown (02-22-2014), Wide-O (02-22-2014)