View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Medication used for the MS hug

Hi all,
I am posting this on behalf of my mother. She has Primary Progressive MS. For the past year she has been suffering from extreme tightness and pressure all around her chest. She describes it as if she has a tight band around her. She has breast-reduction surgery a few months ago. It did help to alleviate some of her back and shoulder pain but the "hug" is getting worse. It is very debilitating for her.

I have been doing some research about medication for this. There seems to be a lot of choices out there. She is relatively sensitive to medication but wants to try something. Her doctor does not seem to have very much knowledge about this. He is willing to help her though. He has suggested Neurontin.

Looking for people with the "hug" that have taken medication that has helped with their symptoms. I would also like to know of any side effects that you experienced.

Medications that are on my short list are--Neurontin, Tegretol, Baclofen, Cymbalta and Elavil.

Any feedback is very appreciated.

Thank you
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-22-2014), DizzyLizzy (02-22-2014), Erika (02-22-2014), SallyC (02-22-2014)