View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks EsthersDoll - what kind of tests did they administer to determine the intercranial pressure? Or did they just administer the spinal tap and say that bc they reduced the excess spinal fluid and subsequently felt much better that you had increased pressure? My headaches have gotten much better, but when I exercise (I know this increases pressure a lot) I get slight pressure sensations sometimes and my eyes get mildly bloodshot/watery (one eye in particular).

Additionally, I have this physical issue that no one I've seen has been able to diagnose (it was discovered during my vestibular therapy exercises) that has been annoying / I believe primarily responsible for a lot of the pressure (believe a nerve or something might be pressing up against my optic nerve) I have been experiencing.

I will try to describe the sensation, but when I have my head tilted downward (in a chin tuck position) and hold my hand out in front of me, I can hear a flushing sound in only one ear when I move my hand downward (leaving my head still) and follow it with only my eyes. The sound/feeling intensifies the faster I move my hand/eye movement, and the sound in the ear basically sounds like the same flushing sound you experience in your ears when you open your mouth wide and move your jaw around.

I know this is a quirky sensation, but it's pretty annoying that no one has been able to give me any answer on what's causing this and I believe if I could figure out what's physically causing this, it could alleviate some of the pressure sensations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
I had an increase of intracranial pressure caused by the auto accident/concussion and it made me have weird tinnitus and high blood pressure and other symptoms like severe headaches. They administered a spinal tap and it completely went away, no problem. If that's what you have, they'll figure it out and give you the right treatment. If you don't have headaches, or other debilitating symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Oh, it took them 6 months to figure out that's what I had before it was treated.... Crazy, right?
fish85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote